Sunday, November 25, 2007

D365 Day 2


Seaview and Parker.

I went for a run at my parent’s house this morning. I love to run in their quiet Cape Cod town.

Instead of taking my usual right hand turn back to their house on Wianno Ave. I went left to follow Seaview Ave to Parker Road. It added 1.5 miles to the run.

It occurred to me as I made my way down Seaview, the sun shining on the ocean and through the trees, that I wasn't running for my diabetes.

I run because it is peaceful, quiet, and beautiful. I run because it feels good.

I run in spite of the diabetes; in spite of the blood sugar drops, the lifesavers and dexcom in my pocket, and the need to carry my cell phone.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Bernard said...

FYI, there's a pumpers group meeting in Woburn this Saturday at 9 AM. I won't be able to make it, but drop me a line if you want the details. Or subscribe to the Yahoo! insulinpumpers group.

bernard dot farrell@gmail dot com

6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home