Monday, December 11, 2006

The email I just sent

to my CDE

Hi S,

I wanted to give you a heads up on my appointment tomorrow. I do not have great records- and my blood sugars have been running high since thanksgiving. I am about 99% sure that it is due to stress. I am currently finishing my thesis for my masters and it is due on Friday. I cannot remember a time that I have been under this much stress. I really don't think any changes to Basel rates etc. would be appropriate until my schedule settles down next week.

I would like to make my appointment as productive as possible. I am also training on the dexcom after our appointment - so that might be enough to discuss. Is there anything else that I can do or think about before we meet? (Blood sugar and stress management might be worthwhile as well).

Thanks,

E

Thank god I have the best CDE in the world. I love that I can send an email to her less than 24 hours before my appointment - and she'll work with this. No blame.

Another point - I cannot believe what prolonged stress does to blood sugars. I haven't seen so many 200 and 300 sustained numbers in a couple of years.

I can't wait till Friday

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I had an extremely stressful month, or rather six weeks, just recently. Things are evening out and I've seen blood sugars average fall from 180 to 147. Go figure

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

E -

How great that your CD CAN work with you this way. A total blessing. My highs lately have me thinking that after all this time without physical complications, they're all going to sneak up on me like some nasty gargoyle... Grrr....

Anyway, hope things calm down and that all is well with you!

N

9:27 PM  
Blogger In Search Of Balance said...

Sounds like you have a great CDE. Also, congratulations on your thesis! What a wonderful accomplishment!

10:38 PM  
Blogger art-sweet said...

So... are you done??

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home