Thursday, November 09, 2006

A post from the edge

It's d-blog day. I would love to to put something out here that is good and touching - but I don't have the time or energy.

I work in politics. It's a hard business in November. And thank god this year we have gotten something for the blood, sweat, and tears.

But for me - it's not over. I am back at the Massachusetts State House again - because once more they are voting on my marriage.

Guess what - you do not get to vote on my marriage until your the one who
  • gets up in the middle of the night to get me juice.
  • sits quietly with me why I recover from a 400 blood sugar
  • reminds me to test frequently because I've been at polls for 12 hours and have been eating donuts all day
  • hates this disease more than I do because she can't take it away
  • still hopes for a cure - because I can't anymore

Once you do that - then we can talk about my marriage

10 Comments:

Blogger Kerri. said...

Thinking of you, E. I hope you are okay. :)

2:07 PM  
Blogger Sandra Miller said...

Still can't believe you have to fight this battle.

It's just not right.

Sending many positive thoughts your way...

2:25 PM  
Blogger Scott K. Johnson said...

Very well said.

7:24 PM  
Blogger Kassie said...

hang tough, e!

7:34 PM  
Blogger If not a mother... said...

Exactly. And it is good and touching, btw.

9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So well said.

Frankly, I'm of the belief that I shouldn't HAVE to get married to have my almost 9 year relationship - with a man who's saved my life more times than I can count on all my fingers - mean something.

9:47 PM  
Blogger art-sweet said...

Amen, E. Amen.

Love, your evil twin

10:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen to your marriage.

Happy D-Blog day, lady.

2:26 AM  
Blogger Lili said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Hope you're doing okay.

5:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Home Remedies are the best treatment for any disease because they have no side effects and almost every disease has a natural cure by these natural home remedies. This website discussed about thousands of home remedies for many disease. So just click on the link and go to website.

2:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home